Informations sur la chanson
- Crédits : P.& L.McCartney
- Durée : 4:23
- Producteur : Paul McCartney
Les paroles de la chanson
Later on, the story goes,
A bottle floated out to sea.
After days, when it had found the perfect spot,
it opened up,
And I read the note that you never wrote to me
After all, Im sure you know,
The Mayor of Baltimore is here.
After days now he can finally appear,
Now at last hes here,
But he never is gonna get my vote,
cause he never is gonna get a quote
from the little note
that you never wrote to me.
Further on, along the line,
I was arrested on the shore,
Holding papers of governments galore.
I was taken in,
But I read the note that you never wrote.
Yes, I read the note that you never wrote.
Oh, I read the note that you never wrote to me.
Musiciens ayant participé à l’enregistrement
– Paul McCartney : chant, basse, guitares, claviers
– Linda McCartney : claviers, percussions, chant
– Denny Laine : guitares, claviers, chant
– Jimmy McCulloch : guitare, chant
– Joe English : batterie, chant
– Chet Atkins : guitare
– Geoff Britton : batterie
– Howie Casey : cor
– Floyd Cramer : piano
– Tony Dorsey : trombone, cor
– Johnny Gimble : violon
– Dennis Good : trombone
– Lloyd Green : guitare
– Steve Howard : cor
– Barry McDonald : trompette
– Billy Puitt : clarinette, saxophone
– Dale Quillen : trombone
– Norman Ray : saxophone
– Thadeus Richard : saxophone
– Don Sheffield : trompette
– George Tidwell : trompette
– Ernie Winfrey : trompette
L’enregistrement de la chanson